Communication is important in all classroom settings, but especially when there is little to no face-to-face opportunities to connect. This includes setting expectations both of yourself and your team.
- Reach out to your TAs early to keep them informed of the course and discuss ways forward.
- Devise a communication and meeting plan for you and your TAs.
- Determine when face-to-face meetings via Zoom are necessary, and when email or live chat communication via Moodle will suffice.
- Be sure to factor communication with TAs and meetings into your TAs’ hours.
- Instructions need to be carefully recorded and communicated online. This includes clear written communication and expectations with your teaching team.
- Be prepared to spend time facilitating conversations about your course with your TAs and other teaching team members on an ongoing basis.
- Devise a communication and meeting plan for you and your team.
© Blended and Online Learning (BOLD), Teaching Commons & Learning Technology Services, York University. Unless otherwise stated, all content on the Going Remote - York University site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical 4.0 International license. If you reuse this work, please attribute BOLD, York University and include a link to https://bold.info.yorku.ca/
Icons created by Font Awesome