- A higher number of shorter lectures will provide more opportunities for all your students to engage with real-time lecture delivery.
- If synchronous time with your students is important, how will you ensure that students get the most out of it? How will you prioritize this time with your students and will you encourage meaningful engagement?
- Adobe Connect
- Set clear expectations and provide clear instructions to students on how they will access and engage with your course materials and how they will participate in your live lecture.
- For more see: Recommendation 2: Establish Clear Expectations
Zoom privacy features (e.g. virtual background, password-protected meetings, unique meeting links)
- If you plan to record a live lecture, ensure you tell your students that you are recording and acquire permission to share the recording.
- Consider having participants share a static picture, virtual background (in Zoom), use audio only conferencing, or rely on the chat feature.
© Blended and Online Learning (BOLD), Teaching Commons & Learning Technology Services, York Univeristy. Unless otherwise stated, all content on the Going Remote - York University site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical 4.0 International license. If you reuse this work, please attribute BOLD, York University and include a link to https://bold.info.yorku.ca/
Icons created by Font Awesome