Pedagogical, Technical, and Work-Related Support at York
The Teaching Commons offers a variety of supports for helping you to design, redesign, or adapt your course to a remote or online format.
- Main: https://teachingcommons.yorku.ca/
- Virtual Drop In Support: ( 10-3 Mon-Fri ) https://yorku.zoom.us/j/7467955013
- BOLD Institute Showcase (Moodle Course): https://moodle.yorku.ca/moodle/course/view.php?id=164654
- Course Continuity: https://teachingcommons.yorku.ca/course-continuity/
- Going Remote: https://bold.info.yorku.ca/
- Adapting Course Assessments: https://teachingcommons.yorku.ca/adapting-course-assessments/
- Contact: email@example.com
LTS can offer support on the technical aspects of adapting your course to an online format, including support for Moodle, Zoom, and other York-supported technologies.
- Main: https://LThelp.yorku.ca
- Moodle: https://LThelp.yorku.ca/moodle
- Zoom: https://LThelp.yorku.ca/94581-zoom
- Turnitin: https://lthelp.yorku.ca/94608-turnitin
- Crowdmark: https://lthelp.yorku.ca/crowdmark-docs
- Lecture Recording: https://LThelp.yorku.ca/lecture-recording
- Moving Courses Online: https://LThelp.yorku.ca/moving-courses-online
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 Related Web Guides
- Faculty of Arts, Media, Performance and Design (AMPD): eLearning @ AMPD
- Faculty of Graduate Studies: Graduate Online Course Continuity
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies: Going Digital & eServices Office
- Lassonde School of Engineering: Lassonde Education Innovation Studio (LEIS)
- Osgoode Hall Law School: Remote Access Information during COVID-19
- Schulich School of Business: Schulich COVID-19 Response Guide & Schulich Online Course Design Guide
- Contact Information for Faculty-Specific Support https://teachingcommons.yorku.ca/technical-and-teaching-supports-contact-information/
If you were or are planning to include elements of experiential education (EE) in your course(s), the YU Experience Hub and the Teaching Commons can help you explore what EE might look like remotely/online.
- Experiential Education Toolbox (YU Experience Hub): https://yuexperience.info.yorku.ca/experiential-education-toolbox/
- Each Faculty also has at least one Experiential Education (EE) Coordinator who can assist you in planning and designing EE activities for your course(s). A full list of EE Coordinators and their contact information is available on the YU Hub website: https://yuexperience.info.yorku.ca/ee-coordinators/
- Experiential Education Resources (Teaching Commons): https://teachingcommons.yorku.ca/resources/experiential-education/
- Teaching Commons Support: Lisa Endersby, Educational Developer, email@example.com
- YU Experience Hub Support: Kathleen Winningham, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
York Supports and Additional Resources
York offers a number of additional resources for faculty and staff to help you navigate and manage the impact of COVID-19.
York University has recently developed a protocol for working remotely, with topics included but not limited to: management of confidential information, conducting meetings online, file sharing and collaboration, and technical support.
- York’s Protocol (est. 2020): York’s Protocol for Working Remotely with Technology
- Laptop Loans: https://laptops.uit.yorku.ca/
- Off-Campus Computing: https://computing.yorku.ca/offcampus/
- For COVID-19 related updates, visit York University’s Response - Information and Updates
© Blended and Online Learning (BOLD), Teaching Commons & Learning Technology Services, York Univeristy. Unless otherwise stated, all content on the Going Remote - York University site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical 4.0 International license. If you reuse this work, please attribute BOLD, York University and include a link to https://bold.info.yorku.ca/
Icons created by Font Awesome